Learn How to Renew Your NMCN Nursing License in Nigeria. Those who meet the requirements and have previously registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) are granted their first license immediately following graduation. You may read about how to renew a nursing license in Nigeria in this page.
Section 5 of the Amended Decree 54 of 1988 states unequivocally that “No Nurse shall be allowed to practice or continue to practice in any year unless such a Nurse has paid Licensing fees as prescribed by the Council.” This means that a registered nurse or midwife may be able to renew their license.
Requirements and How to Renew Your NMCN Nursing License
The prerequisites for obtaining a nursing and midwifery license in Nigeria are as follows:
- Visit the official website at https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng to submit an online application for an NMCN license renewal.
- Upload a scanned copy of your most current passport photo, which should be colored and have a white backdrop.
- Attach a scanned copy of the Council-issued original Certificate of Registration.
- For the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP), upload a scanned copy of your original Certificate of attendance.
- Send a payment through REMITA on the renewal portal to the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria for N10,500 for renewal and N5,250 for each year of default (if you have defaulted).
How to Get your Nursing License Reissued when lost
- finished license application
- Application letter for license reissue
- A photocopy of the registration certificate
- Lost driver’s license photocopy, if available
- sworn declaration in court
- extract from the police (if license is current)
- original teller of payment of the N8,750 required fees exclusively via REMITA payment on the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria’s platform.